Thursday, March 19, 2009


Not only do we seek to manifest patterns of understanding on the natural world but we also impose aspects of ourselves... we have been doing this since the caves... but not always in the obvious way...



Sculptors that do portraits in clay must be mindful that they do not blend their own image within that of their subject... as humans we touch our faces and forms thousands of times each day ...a chimera of our own form resides in our hands and it is transposed outward in unexpected ways.


Think of Venus in the stones in my photographs... she is only there because I told you she was there by naming her.  Also, by naming her in a certain way you were able to approach my experience...  at that time I was not experiencing rock walls and sea caves... I was deeply in grief... so I saw my sorrow.


The resonance between form and meaning it tightly wound in our primitive mind and it will manifest itself in wondrous ways...